Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

check out this wedge...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidcat
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Boca Raton

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: check out this wedge... Reply with quote

Check this wedge ---- www.wakezup.com

Does anyone know about this?

dirtysparks
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The introduction reads like it was written by a 4th grader. They even spelled wakeboarding as two words!

Quote:
The sport of Wake Boarding is one of the fastest growing market segments in the water sport market.

That just looks like a big liability issue!
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that thing looks like it would just rip holes through your transom. They would need to redo the mounting for me to even consider it. I wonder if they have to pay Malibu royalties.
wakeskier
Addict
Addict

City: Leominster, MA

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that the same thing used on the Sessions boats?
vawakemonster
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: fredericksburg

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a a big add for that in this or last months trailer boats....i get trailer boats thye have a lil bit about wakeboridn every time..every issue the review wakeboat and they had awakeboarding issue a lil while ago reviewing all he wakeboats and a few boards such as the parks:roll: and the Fish.

K-dub wrote:
......hell, even borrowing your mom's lotion and rubbing one out would be a good idea to pass some time.
liquidcat
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this in this months issue of Wakeboarding mag and I have this dude getting sued soon. I can picture it now after installation you go to ride drop your "wedge" and call BOATUS to come scoop you up.
pointblank12
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not only to mention its kinda pricey..
Fishmaster
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the $495,000 boat for sale on the site. Wonder if it has the wedge on it Very Happy
bravesfans1
Criminal
Criminal

City: Alpharetta/Atlanta

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even better then a 500,000 boat, is the 500 gallon gas tank that comes with it. Thats worse then my Suburban (42 gallons).
liquidcat
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And dont forget that "WakezUP Z111 is unlike anything else on the market today and is sure to be the hot new product of the year!" Mr. Green
pointblank12
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Form

Serious Inquiries Only

Name:
Phone Number:
Email Address:

Comments:
DOes it have a wakezup wedge on it?

I just had to ask.....
liquidcat
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you inquire about the Z111 not Z112 becuase it may not work I think the Z112 are for PWC's
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: clear lake, texas

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you need to operate from the ski handle?
Bruky

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidcat, I think the sheet was for the yacht thing.
liquidcat
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

882001 See the the wedge and handle are wifi ready that works through a virtual private network with a blowfish encryption.

Now the worries should be if it can be hacked by denial of service from another boat and make the rider do tricks he does not want to do.

This may be a plan by microsoft to get in the industry.

liquidcat
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: A reply from Wakezup Reply with quote

Thank you for your interest in our product.

If this part is properly installed, and you use it appropriately, you should have no troubles with the transom. We provide a large backing plate that will strengthen your transom.

Obviously hitting an underwater structure would be bad, but we have engineered in a shear pin so it will swivel away if this occurs.

Yes, I have pictures, but I have found they don't translate very well. A demo is the best thing to do. Where are you from?

BTW, The Z-111 will be used on all official towboats at BOARDSTOCK - the wake surfing world championships. www.boardstock.com

Dave Sundin
WakeZup

siuski
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Southern, IL

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my .02, I live in So. IL in the area where this product is made. The owners of this company were out on the lake and saw us out boarding and asked if we wanted to go out and ride behind their enzo equipped with this wedge type device. Dave took my wife and I out for the day. I was very sceptical at first, as I'm also an engineer. However, by the end of the day I was actually impressed with it, and the engineering/design that went into it was sound. He didn't want to fill the tanks so we could give a good eval of how well it worked. I got to say that it took a while to get it dialed in, but once you found the sweet spot vs the speed, the wake firmed up and got much larger vs. stock. I'd say it was as big or larger than just filling up the stock tanks. They use the same gage that the Tige's us for their taps (different face).

The things that I like about it were:

1. It pivots, so it follows the boat in the turns...no advers affect on boat performance.

2. It senced when perfect pass was on/off, so when when it pp kicked off, it automatically put itself back to the neutral/flat position (to help get back on plane), when pp kicked back on, it memorized the previous position and went back to it automatically.

3. The wake would only get better w/ ballast. The sweet spot that I found still had plenty of tilt to deal with additional weight.

4. The quality/workmanship was very impressive, I don't see these things have many problems once installed.

Things I didn't like were:

1. The depth, someone else mentioned hitting something, but it doesn't extend beyond the rudder so if you do hit something you also have other problems.

2. I don't know if I'd retro fit it to a boat that wasn't meant for it. I think they are/or will be putting them on the Centurion's as an option from the factory, but other boats would be questionable for me. To each his own...

3. And it was a little pricey...but compared to the other ballast systems, pp, stereo's, etc...

My 02 cents...and no I don't have any ties to this company. Just trying to give my honest opinion.

Last edited by siuski on Jul 14, 2005 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Styk33
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Fair Oaks (Nor-Cal)

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how it is electronic and can go up and down with PP. Not sure if I would put it on my boat until others have had it awhile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is it?
bmartin
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall the idea has merit and good luck with it. I have kids and use my boat for all kinds of purposes and have grown to loath the hassles of sacs and would love to be able to quickly go from modest wakes to larger ones. I also like the idea of something that can compete with the Malibu monopoly.

The PP synchro sounds impressive. I think the wireless remote for the handle is a little over the top and needlessly adds to cost.

Some have said pricey - how much is pricey?????

Does this come with a hull warranty / coverage?

I would think about giving it a try if it was affordable and came with some protection against damage to the hull it was mounted on.
Kewlboarder27r
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Mound

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i lie the yauct
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Park City, UT

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was something in the nieghborhood of $400 or so I'd use my Dixie as a Guniea pig. Sounds like it cost upwards of a few grand though. He must be confident in it if putting it on a brand new Enzo.. All I know is that I'm OVER having fat sacs all over my boat.

What if they had something like runners that ran the length of the hull that extended out to pull that boat deeper into the water? Anybody seen those hydrofoil boats w/ski like things under them that raise the boat a few feet out of the water while going fast? Something like that would be cool except work the opposite of a hydrofoil or whatever they're called.
rskamar

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would you put this on a Centurion??

By the time you have the three transom intakes for ballast, the mounting hardware for the wakeplate, the teak... there's little room left. I personally would like a bit more info and pics. I'm holding out judgement until more real time use and exprience is available. Centurions have some of the best stock wakes (IMHO). If this HyperWedgieEleventyEleven really makes an improvement, I'm intrigued.. Rider controls from the handle though--WTF??
krbaugh
Addict
Addict

City: Edwardsville

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote from the handle would be very cool in the beginning to get the wake just the way you like it! Then again I am a gadget freak. Very Happy
karkid
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Tempe

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rode behind that enzo with the wakezup on it this weekend and it was pretty sweet

the thing went from a real nice wakeboarding wake to a slalom wake at the push of a button. it made a wake big enough that i'd be happy with it without ballast
Dutch
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to the guy this past weekend, but I didn't have time to ride behind it.
He said it was $2400 for the satin finished version, and about $2900 for the polished.

After I saw it I immediately thought of hull warranty issues, so I asked and he thought it would void your warranty. Centurion is makeing it an option but I don't know how they will handle hull warranties with this thing on there. As for other boats, I think you're pretty much s.o.l.

The people I talked to said the wake was impressive though.
krbaugh
Addict
Addict

City: Edwardsville

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Centurion is offering it as a option they will cover any hull warranty issues. However just like MAlubu and there wedge if you strike something under the water
it is NOT a warranty issue it is a insurance issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: